Following the global success of “Godzilla” and “Kong: Skull Island” comes the next chapter in Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ cinematic MonsterVerse, an epic action adventure that pits Godzilla against some of the most popular monsters in pop culture history. The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
Slow week but Aquaman is on the way and it’s killing it overseas.
1. Ralph Breaks the Internet $16.1 Total: $140.8
2. Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch $15.1 Total: $223.4
3. Creed II $10.3 Total: $96.4
4. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald $6.8 Total: $145.2
5. Bohemian Rhapsody $6.0 Total: $173.5
6. Instant Family $5.6 Total: $54.1
7. Green Book $3.9 Total: $19.9
8. Robin Hood $3.5 Total: $27.2
9. The Possession of Hannah Grace $3.1 Total: $11.5
10. Widows $3.1 Total: $38.1