When you heard about the release of the new Power Rangers movie, you probably thought, “I don’t care if it is good or not. I am going to see this!” Maybe you go all the way back to the original television show and the original cast. Power Rangers is sure to be one of the most nostalgic films to hit the big screen in 2017. When it premieres in theaters, will you be ready?
For the true Power Rangers fan, there are a few pieces of essential gear that you’ll need to invest in before hopping in the car to go to the upcoming movie. As our favorite Zord-wielding superheroes would say, “It’s morphin’ time!”
- Your favorite ranger’s t-shirt. This is probably the most obvious and most essential piece of gear you will want to wear to opening night. This is for the more inconspicuous fan who wants to show their dedication without breaking the bank. Make sure you represent the best ranger of them all. According to a poll that was carried out by quibblo.com, Tommy the Green Ranger is the most popular. Coming in a distant second is Jason the Red Ranger. Kimberly the Pink Ranger is close behind in third place. But, maybe you are a rebel and have always rooted for some of the less trendy characters.
- The ultimate matching accessory. If you have the Red Ranger shirt, you really should think about pairing it with a stylish flat bill hat. Of course, you will be able to wear these items together for years to come. Why not go all out and commemorate the latest film with some great matching Power Rangers gear?
- A sentimental item. Time to dig through that box of old toys and superhero paraphernalia. Maybe it is your 3-foot-tall karate-chopping Red Ranger action figure. Do the batteries still work in the watch (or communicator if you want to get technical) that had about 3 or 4 popular phrases from the show? If you didn’t hold on to your favorite old items, maybe you can scope out a few yard sales to find a vintage Power Rangers gem.
- Who says we are all fans of the heroes? If you like to root for the villain, it’s time to go all out with your Rita Repulsa outfit. The new and improved Repulsa is much more alienesque, with glowing green eyes and green armor. Long, green hair that is tied up with a green rope-like holder is easy to pull off if you already have long hair. Be sure to craft some golden fingernail claws to really top off that evil look. If you’re not feeling that adventurous, you can always grab a t-shirt that features the classic Rita Repulsa and her crescent-shaped staff.
- Matching apparel with the kids. If you’re feeling generous, you may want to grab a ticket in advance so the kids can experience the new and improved Power Rangers with you. You wouldn’t want to forfeit the opportunity to get the perfect family photo in front of your local cinema movie poster!
- A snazzy throw. Theaters are known for being chilly. If you really want to commemorate the good ole days of watching one of your favorite action shows, you need to feel right at home. Snuggle up with your new Power Rangers throw and large popcorn so you can feel like a kid again for one night.
- Last but not least, no outfit is truly complete without a pair of comfortable matching socks. Remember the days when mom or grandma kept your drawer stocked with the coolest superhero accessories? Well, now it’s up to you if you want to keep your cool kid status. Also, if you’re really running on a budget, a pair of Power Rangers socks won’t break the bank or come across as too flashy.
Grab up those family and friends who will appreciate all that the new Power Rangers film is sure to offer. After all, this is your night to relive all those corny karate moves and fake explosions. With all the graphical improvements of 2017, you and your pals won’t leave the theater disappointed. Becky G., who plays Trini the Yellow Power Ranger says, “For me, Power Rangers was a huge part of my childhood, but, at the same time, it was the colors, it is the pows and the fireworks when they would hit something.”
So, on the day of the premier, how will you commemorate the nostalgia of Power Rangers? Wear your gear to get hyped up for the big night.